Skrevet av Emne: Werewolves in Norway  (Lest 20030 ganger)

Nocturne

• Fur
    • Vis profil
Werewolves in Norway
« på: 10. apr, 2011, 15:55 »
Hi to everyone. Me and a friend  will be staying in Norway from the 18th to the 29th of April (yes, this month). We'll arrive in Oslo first and trying to make it from there to Bergen and then...no idea. We wanna go camping and see stuff. Probably use a ferry and see some Fjords too. What would the average Norwgeian recommend to see? Would anyone sacrifice himself/herself as a tourist guide?

Greetings Nocturne

Dax Cyro

• Über Fur
    • Vis profil
    • Dax@furaffinty
Sv: Werewolves in Norway
« Svar #1 på: 10. apr, 2011, 19:11 »
Welcome Nocturne.

First of all, you've come to the right place. Norwegian furs are quite spread so we use this forum to keep in touch with each other.
You shouldn't have too much problems getting tips and local guides.

Personally I'm right in the middle of moving those 2 weeks, else I would love to set of some time.
I've poked Tellos (of of our admins and a local resident in Oslo).
Hopefully some of our Bergen Furs will set up some things as well.

Either way, welcome to Norway.

Nocturne

• Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #2 på: 11. apr, 2011, 10:40 »
Thank you for the welcome. I'm curious how everything will turn out in the end. Talked to Aikho some time ago and he seems to be interested in a meeting...but the more the merrier, right?  [laugh]

Aikho

• It's me...
  • Hyperaktiv Fur
  • It's me...
    • Vis profil
    • It's me...
« Svar #3 på: 11. apr, 2011, 11:09 »
Of course I'm positive about a meeting, as long as
and then...no idea.
means Trondheim, since I'll sadly not be able to make it down to Oslo this month. But like I said, I'd gladly take you to see what's to see up here. :)

Nocturne

• Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #4 på: 11. apr, 2011, 16:51 »
Who knows, maybe we'll just stay in Trondheim or Bergen. Though I have to ask If there is actually some way to share a ride with someone to either Trondheim or Bergen. Saving money would be cool. (Yeah, poor students going to Norway...what a joke)  [ureshii]

Aikho

• It's me...
  • Hyperaktiv Fur
  • It's me...
    • Vis profil
    • It's me...
« Svar #5 på: 11. apr, 2011, 19:42 »
There are a couple of ways to get from Bergen to Trondheim (Same applies for Oslo-Bergen or Oslo-Trondheim (And of course getting back, but I've looked at one way tickets for everything just to keep things simple.)) that aren't too expensive (I guess)

The bus from Bergen to Trondheim is 789NOK per person (They also say something about maximum price 600NOK, but I don't entirely believe that.)
There is a 25% discount for group travels (2-8 people)
There is also a 25% discount for students, however if they add up I don't know.
(If you go from Oslo to Trondheim you can use this bus which is cheaper but sadly not available in English online.)

Then you have the possibility of going by boat, that will be 2560NOK for both if you have Student IDs with you. About 3800NOK if you don't.
There is mention of some sort of discount on the US website, for 2 people, but it doesn't say much more about it than 'book now and the second person gets 50% discount.', so whether or not it applies to students I have no idea.

Plane (Norwegian, SAS, Wideroe) will be between 1000-2500NOK per person around the time when you're here it seems. (I haven't throughly checked the plane prices since they are often more expensive, but it's not always the case if you look closely and/or order early.)

Train is either 998NOK or 1800NOK and above for both. (Student prices)

Regandor

• Senior Fur
  • Kittyfox =3
    • Vis profil
« Svar #6 på: 12. apr, 2011, 00:57 »
Hi there. ^^

if i can recommend something, go to the west coast and up to trondheim from there. There is some really nice places there. make sure to visit Jostedalsbreen. And if you go to Bergen, visit the caves. =3

If you for any reason want to come visit Østfold one of the days you are in Oslo (i live about 1 hour away, maby a little more) i know a few places that have viking graves. unless they are removed. but i'm pretty sure they still are there ^^
if you want to see some. they are old tho. X3
And you can't look inside them. They are graves after all. :P

Nocturne

• Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #7 på: 12. apr, 2011, 11:18 »
@Aikho: Thanks for the links and info. We're trying to find something appropriate. The cheaper the better for poor old students like us. Though I read that student discounts are only count for Norwegian citizens. That's at least what NSB said.

@Regandor: That'd be really cool to see some graves. If you're one hour away from Oslo that's even better. As long as you could offer some sort of ride.

We have a site in Germany offering shared rides from one city to another. Kinda good for hitchhikers. Either by car or train. So you literally just pay a small percentage of the original ticket. The more people join the better (as long as spots are available on a ticket or the car has enough seats). So, it's not bad to get from one end of the country to the other one for like 10-20€.  [laugh]
« Siste redigering: 12. apr, 2011, 12:49 av Nocturne »

Aikho

• It's me...
  • Hyperaktiv Fur
  • It's me...
    • Vis profil
    • It's me...
« Svar #8 på: 12. apr, 2011, 15:08 »
Yeah, Viking graves. There are a few of those in my old home town (A couple of hours north from here). Things like that is definitively worth a look. :3

As for websites for hitchhikers... *browses for a while* I'll come back to you on that.
(This wouldn't happen to be the german site, would it? http://www.mitfahrgelegenheit.de/)

And I found them, we have two... The first one I think is the best one.
http://www.haikeren.no/
http://www.haiketorget.no/

Sadly, neither one of those are available in English, but I think Google Translate should be able to help you there. :3

Also, a side note about the prices in my last post. The ones that offer a group discount can't say no just cause you're not Norwegian. And those that offer it for bearers of a Student ID only, you should contact the rest of them and ask as well. Seeing as if you manage to get the student rebate on 'Hurtigruta' and the price (1280 or something per person for the trip and the quarters (Food not included)) isn't too high you're going to see some really nice stuff on your way up here. It makes me sad that I haven't traveled with that boat actually. :P
« Siste redigering: 12. apr, 2011, 15:17 av Aikho »

Regandor

• Senior Fur
  • Kittyfox =3
    • Vis profil
« Svar #9 på: 12. apr, 2011, 19:24 »
@Regandor: That'd be really cool to see some graves. If you're one hour away from Oslo that's even better. As long as you could offer some sort of ride.

there is trains going from Oslo to pretty close to us. =3
Take a train from Oslo to Mysen and i can pick you up there. =3
The train to Mysen goes once every hour ^^

Nocturne

• Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #10 på: 13. apr, 2011, 00:08 »
@Aikho: Yeah, found those two sites as well that you linked. But thank you nonetheless. Unfortunately they don't offer anything good, only a one person trip to Trondheim.  :) Might make it up to you. Details later.

@Regandor: That sounds good, it's a deal. Mind giving two werewolves a couch to crash on? If not, is there actually a camping ground around your city/town?

Aikho

• It's me...
  • Hyperaktiv Fur
  • It's me...
    • Vis profil
    • It's me...
« Svar #11 på: 14. apr, 2011, 16:14 »
I found that (1 passenger) trip as well, probably a truck driver that makes the run every Sunday.
Bus and train and stuff is still available though. Who knows, might even be cheaper to order first Bergen-Oslo and then Oslo-Trondheim, weird stuff like that is known to happen and is probably worth checking out. ;)

Side note... Details, you're making me curious, it's illegal to make bears curious! D=

Rekondo

• Aktiv Fur
  • Indeed
    • Vis profil
« Svar #12 på: 14. apr, 2011, 18:51 »
Give me a shout if you go to "The town in the middle of Norway" :p

Nocturne

• Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #13 på: 16. apr, 2011, 00:29 »
Give me a shout if you go to "The town in the middle of Norway" :p

Which town and where are these cookies?

Aikho

• It's me...
  • Hyperaktiv Fur
  • It's me...
    • Vis profil
    • It's me...
« Svar #14 på: 16. apr, 2011, 00:36 »
Steinkjer is the geographical center or Norway, it's the town 2 hours north from Trondheim. Well the actual geographical center is a bit to the east from Steinkjer, but that's the nearest City/Town.
As for the cookies, we have those here. :D

Nocturne

• Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #15 på: 16. apr, 2011, 00:41 »
Sounds like a plan.

Rekondo

• Aktiv Fur
  • Indeed
    • Vis profil
« Svar #16 på: 16. apr, 2011, 16:23 »

Aikho

• It's me...
  • Hyperaktiv Fur
  • It's me...
    • Vis profil
    • It's me...
« Svar #17 på: 16. apr, 2011, 17:13 »
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=byen+midt+i+norge

Mosjøen? That can't be right, seeing as the Statens Kartverk places it outside Steinkjer, towards Sjækra. ("The linear distance to the point is about 40km east and 680 meters south of Steinkjer town hall." as it states on http://www.statkart.no) Image

That was a bit off-topic, sorry. :P

Jesper Cheetah

• Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #18 på: 16. apr, 2011, 21:09 »
If not, is there actually a camping ground around your city/town?
If not, there's always the "allemannsretten" (everyman's right) that gives you the right to spend the night practially anywhere, except on farmland, private land, cultivated forests or where your camp is visible from buildings or roads  (as I understand it).
Jesper Cheetah
In wilderness I sense the miracle of life, and behind it our scientific accomplishments fade to trivia.  ~Charles A. Lindbergh

Nocturne

• Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #19 på: 16. apr, 2011, 22:14 »
@Rekondo: So, where ya from now? Steinkjer or what?  ???

Aikho

• It's me...
  • Hyperaktiv Fur
  • It's me...
    • Vis profil
    • It's me...
« Svar #20 på: 17. apr, 2011, 21:51 »

Mosjøen.

Rekondo

• Aktiv Fur
  • Indeed
    • Vis profil
« Svar #21 på: 18. apr, 2011, 03:55 »

Mosjøen.

Yea :p

Nocturne

• Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #22 på: 30. apr, 2011, 01:53 »
Thanks to all who hosted us. It was a really good time.  ;D

Skarpen

• Global Moderator
  • Hyperaktiv Fur
  • pu5
    • Vis profil
« Svar #23 på: 30. apr, 2011, 02:00 »
It was a real pleasure having you over ^^ hope your trip back went well

Thank you ants!

Nocturne

• Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #24 på: 30. apr, 2011, 11:15 »
Thants!

Yeah, went quite well. We even arrived 25 minutes before the scheduled time on the flight back.  ;D